Overview of Turmeric
Health benefits of Turmeric are numerous as this herb contains a wide range of medicinal values that can treat several diseases.
Turmeric is a golden spice that comes from the herb plant, grows in Asia, and Central America. Turmeric roots belong to the family of ginger, look similar to it prior to grounding into powder. It is commonly used as a cooking ingredient for additional flavor to Asian foods. Turmeric is also known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is widely used as ayurvedic medicine over the years, that combines
Turmeric Nutrition Values
Overview of Curcumin
What is Curcumin?
What are the Health Benefits of Turmeric?
Turmeric Aids Digestion
- Using turmeric in cooking adds flavor and color to the food. It works as a digestive herb that improves the movement of bile juice as a result, it helps to digest the food.
- Turmeric is used as a digestion stimulating agent in ayurvedic medicine.
- Consuming turmeric four times a day, for 7days might help you to get rid of indigestion problems as per research.
- Research is being carried out for treating irritatable bowel syndrome using turmeric.
Turmeric Boosts Immunity
- Turmeric is a popular cooking ingredient in every Indian kitchen who believes in a healthy lifestyle, adds nutritional value to the foods. Turmeric works a natural immunity booster and helps to combat fever, cold, cough, chest congestion. Tumeric contains antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that promote gut health. Taking raw turmeric for over a period of time may boost immunity and reduce respiratory tract infections.
- Studies reveal that curcumin, a turmeric’s bioactive component has many beneficial effects on the immune system during several disease conditions.
Turmeric Helps Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease is one of the common degenerative diseases all over the world and that may lead to cause dementia. There is no proper treatment available till now.
- But, here is a good news turmeric can protect your from degenerative diseases by increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor. It is a protein that forms in the brain and spinal cord that plays a vital role in generating communication between nerve cells, which is important for learning and memory function. Commonly, brain disorders are linked with low levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, turmeric and curcumin may help to delay the brain generation process.
- Studies have been carried out intensively to prove the potency of turmeric treating brain disorders.
Turmeric May Delay Aging Process
- Turmeric can become the most effective anti-aging supplement if it can really help to treat heart diseases, cancer, and Alzheimer’s. As a result, turmeric curcumin can obviously increase the longevity of an individual.
- Inflammation can also show an effect on aging, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric that helps in delaying the aging process.
Turmeric May Work Against Depression
- Depression is a common illness that affects negatively on your thoughts and actions.
- Depression is connected with low levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, a protein that is produced in the brain. Fortunately, turmeric works as an antidepressant and improves levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor effectively.
- According to a study, a group of people who took one gram of turmeric curcumin for six weeks shown improvements similar to that of antidepressants.
Tumeric Protects You From Free Radicals
What are the Health Benefits of Curcumin?
Curcumin For Arthritis Patients
Curcumin May Prevent Cancer
Curcumin May Protect Heart Health
A study reveals that curcumin may aid in improving the functioning of endothelial, the membrane that surrounds the inner side of the heart and blood vessels. Dysfunction of endothelial may affect the regulation of blood and it is a major reason for increasing risks of heart diseases.
Conclusion for Health Benefits of Turmeric
It looks including the golden spice into your daily diet may help to improve your health condition. The health benefits of turmeric and curcumin are proven scientifically such as treating heart diseases, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and boosting immunity.
Too much of Turmeric may cause side effects so before adding it to your diet, have a word with your doctor to treat any health condition.