How likely is a child to get COVID-19?
What are Coronavirus Symptoms in babies and children?
- Cough, sneezes sore throat and running nose
- Muscle pain that causes trouble while sleeping, and frequent crying
- Changes in behavior like oversleeping or sleeping less often
- A loss of smell or taste which may result in a change of eating habits
- Fever lasts more than 24 hours
- Stomach pain
- Skin rashes
- Swelling of feet/hands
- Swelling on lips and tongue
- Red eyes
- Neck pain
- Unable to wakeup
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in chest
- Bluish face
- Bluish lips
- Severe pain in stomach
What should I do if my child has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- If your child is experiencing the symptoms of coronavirus and you think he or she might have been in contact with coronavirus affected person, contact your doctor and explain the condition of the child. Ask your family members to maintain distance from the child as much as possible, except for the medical care.
- If possible, isolate the child from other family members in a separate room that has an attached bathroom.
- Keep your family home if the doctor confirms that the child’s symptoms are of COVID-19 until the tests are done and symptoms are gone.
- Only one person take the responsibility of fulfilling the child’s needs so that others dont get in contact.
- The caretaker of the child needs to wear a mask when she/he is in the same room of the child.
- Every member of your home should wash their hands more often. They can use alcohol-based hand sanitizer or use soap and water for at least 20 seconds every time.
How to treat COVID-19 in babies?
As of now, there is no particular treatment for coronavirus disease. Anyhow, most of the symptoms are treated in people, including children by giving better rest, fluids, fever-reducing tablets, and traditional medicine for other symptoms. Doctors and scientists are working to invent the coronavirus vaccine for treatment. On 11th August 2020, the Government of Russia has officially announced that they are successful in the invention of coronavirus vaccine. The first coronavirus vaccine was taken by Russia President’s daughter. They are planning to supply the vaccine to their citizens by early October or end of the October which would be a huge relief for the rest of the countries.
Does breastfeeding a baby transmit coronavirus?
- Wash your hands before touching the baby.
- Wear a mask while taking care of the baby.
- Try to avoid face to face contact with the baby.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze.